Growing Places, a nonprofit organization based in Leominster, MA, seeks a dynamic nonprofit professional and food justice advocate with the experience necessary to lead this organization to its next level of development. Following on the completion of our 15th year and a revised strategic plan, the new Executive Director will step into a financially strong organization with a talented and energized board and staff and a recently updated mission and vision to guide them.
The Growing Places Executive Director serves as: a passionate advocate for food justice and Growing Places’ mission; an effective and proven fundraiser; a skilled networker and communicator; and an experienced nonprofit leader. The ideal candidate will have a proven record of capitalizing on key trends and new opportunities, resulting in innovative approaches to programming, systems change and advocacy, fundraising, and strategy implementation. They must have an understanding of measuring outcomes and impact and experience in turning this data into strategies.
The Executive Director is ultimately responsible for the successful fundraising and management of the organization and all aspects of the organization’s operations. They report directly to the Board of Directors and is responsible for implementing the Board’s decisions and policies. They may delegate portions of the responsibilities; however, the Executive Director is accountable for results.
Key responsibilities of the Executive Director include, but are not restricted to:
● Resource development and maintenance
● Organization and program planning
● Community and public relations
● Personnel management
● Board communication and development
● Fiscal management
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and qualifications:
● Demonstrated success and experience in grant writing and fundraising
● Exceptional verbal and written skills
● Strong supervisory, organizational and financial management skills
● Evidence of cultural competency and the ability to work with individuals and groups with a diversity of interests, skills, and backgrounds.
● Fluent with Microsoft Office suite and proficient in Quickbooks.
● Five or more years of senior level leadership or demonstrate a progressive increase in management responsibility in a non-profit is desirable.
● Bachelor’s degree required; master's degree in business or a relevant field preferred.
● Ability to perform all duties with or without reasonable accommodation(s).● Must be able to satisfactorily pass a check conducted by the Criminal History Systems Board (CORI check), as well as a completed background check satisfactory to the organization.
This is a full time, year-round position with a salary range of $60,000- $68,000, plus a flexible benefits package.
No phone calls please, submit all questions through the Workable account.
Please submit resumes and cover letter by Dec 4 through the workable site.